This Hot Water Insulation Jacket will reduce your gas or electricity bills by reducing the cost of your hot water heating.
A poorly insulated hot water cylinder will constantly lose heat into the surrounding area which you may not want to be heating. For example, an electric immersion hot water cylinder without any insulation will lose so much heat it will actually heat the property for you, but this is electric heating which is costly to run.
Potential Savings* that can be gained by increasing the thickness of your hot water cylinder insulation are given below. You can also add further insulation to your hot water cylinder where your current insulation jacket is fairly thin. You simply add an additional 80mm thick insulation jacket over the top.
Hot water heating from heating boiler
- No Jacket to 80mm - save £199 per year
- upgrade from 25mm to 105mm insulation - save £56 per year
- upgrade from 50mm to 130mm insulation - save £25 per year
- upgrade from 80mm to 160mm insulation - save £15 per year
Electric Immersion Hot water Heating
- No Jacket to 80mm - save £366 per year
- upgrade from 25mm to 105mm insulation - save £103 per year
- upgrade from 50mm to 130mm insulation - save £46 per year
- upgrade from 80mm to 160mm insulation - save £27 per year
- 42” height x 18” diameter (1067 x 457)
- Four Panels, applied in minutes
- Durable Flame Retardant cover for longer life
- BS 5615:1985
- Fits most common sized hot water cylinders although check the size of yours before ordering.
*potential savings are calculated using RdSAP 2009 energy assessment software which is used for residential energy performance certificates.