Flexible 100W Solar Panel Premium kit 1 Black
100w Flexible Lowenergie Solar Panel Charging Kit, Black with Black edge.
Lightweight design, laminated plastic sheet with flexible solar cells. This panel is only 4mm thick
Solar Kit Contents
- 100 Watt Flexible Solar Panel with 1M cable & MC4 plugs attached
- 5 Metre Solar Power Extension Cable with MC4 Connectors
- 10A Premium MPPT Solar Charge Controller
In the event that the solar panel is in shade for a prolonged period, our solar panels has two built-in bypass diodes which will enable the panel to continue generating.
Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) solar charge controllers are significantly more efficient than the cheaper Pulse Wave Modulation (PWM) solar charge controllers. Please be very careful when buying this type of MPPT charge controller as there are charge controllers on the market which have model numbers such as MPPT T40 which are only PWM charge controllers. See YouTube review videos below. A true MPPT solar charge controller needs a large transformer coil and capacitors inside, it is a bigger heavier unit and will usually takes at least 100V-150V input.
An MPPT solar charge controller in cool conditions can produce 25-30% more battery charging power than a simple PWM controller and you can connect high voltage panels to lower voltage battery banks. By using higher voltage on the panel side will also benifit by less volt drop and can use thinner cables. On large arrays we run everything at 100V - 150V.
EPSolar charge controllers have established themselves for almost 10 years. We are offering their latest EPEver range of excellent value Tracer A series and iTracer MPPT solar charge controllers. Epsolar/ EpEver has passed ISO9001. All products have CGC-solar, CE, ROHS, FCC and ETL certificates and are sold in over 120 countries worldwide
Cheaper PWM charge controllers are a good low cost solution for small systems only. To fully exploit the potential of MPPT charge controllers, the solar panel array voltage should be substantially higher than the battery voltage and is generally recommended for systems of 100-150W and upwards. The MPPT controller enables higher PV system voltages which can then reduce cabelling costs by allowing for smaller cable cross sectional areas. The MPPT controller will also harvest substantially more power when the solar cell temperature is low (below 45°C), or very high (above 75°C).
To calculate which size controller you need, take the peak solar panel watts and divide by the / battery voltage to give the MPPT rated charge current in Amps, for example 150W/12V = 12.5A, therefore a 20A rated charge controller is recommended.
Technical - Tracer A Series 1210A
- Nominal System Voltage 12/24V Auto
- Battery Input Voltage Range 8V ~ 32V
- Max Charge/ Discharge Current 10A
- Max. PV Open Circiuit Voltage 100V (At minimum operting environment temperature)
- Max. PV Open Circiuit Voltage 92V (At 25 DegC operting environment temperature)
- MPPT Voltage Range +2V ~ 72V
- Max Rated Charging Power (10A), 130W (12V), 260W (24V)
- Max. PV Array Input Power 390W (12V), 780W (24V)
- Wiring Connections, Solar +/-, Battery +/-, Power Output +/-, Temp Sensor, COM RJ45
- Working Environment Temperature Range - 25 to +45 DegC
- Humidity Range <95%
- Enclosure IP30
- Dimensions 172mm x 139mm x 44mm
- Power Terminals 12AWH (4mm sq)
- Weight 0.6Kg