Rubber Seal Draught Excluder
Self adhesive rubber seal for doors & windows from Stormguard
- Excellent quality long life self-adhesive EPDM rubber (ethylene propylene diene M-class rubber) draught strip.
- Seals gaps 'E' = 1.5mm - 3mm'P' = 3mm - 5mm.
- Stretch resistant during fitting and in use.
- EPDM - Rubber Strip - ‘E’ or ‘P’ Profile - very long lasting
- EPDM rubber draught excluder strip - each is a 5M Pack
- Available in white, brown and black
These products are self-adhesive and are very easy to fit.
Advantages of Draught Proofing below - As a rough guide,fitting draught proofing can reduce your heating bill by £8-10/year per window or door.
Your house or commercial property will loose heat during cold weather partly due to poor thermal insulation, but also due to air infiltration or the permeability of the building. Infiltration or permeability is measured in meters cubed per hour per square meter of floor area. A typical building built 1900 to 1990 will loose around 15-25 meter cubed of air per hour per square meter of floor area. This is due to natural leakage through the fabric of the building, but largely through gaps around windows and doors. Good use of draught excluder could reduce your air permeability to around 10-15 meters cubed per hour which is a good low cost way of reducing you heating bills.